Polyp coral care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike-portocarrero

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there guys I have a fish and live rock tank for a while and everything is well its well cured and stablished has been running for 2 years now. Well some friends give me certain corals that weren't doing to good in their tanks I figure what the hell but, just when I thought they would be eating or died in my tank as well since I have certain fish that are not coral safe , they are thriving so now I am interest on flourishing them but know nothing about corals since I never planed to have them . I have a green star polyp and couple others that I don't even know the names but the are beginners kinds , here are some pics, now I read something about vodka dosing? Also heard about calcium? Need help my friends any suggestions are deeply appreciated and I thank u all in advance Mike.

Attachments

• image-1640962090.jpg
    image-1640962090.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-3920698843.jpg
    image-3920698843.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 101
Hi there guys I have a fish and live rock tank for a while and everything is well its well cured and stablished has been running for 2 years now. Well some friends give me certain corals that weren't doing to good in their tanks I figure what the hell but, just when I thought they would be eating or died in my tank as well since I have certain fish that are not coral safe , they are thriving so now I am interest on flourishing them but know nothing about corals since I never planed to have them . I have a green star polyp and couple others that I don't even know the names but the are beginners kinds , here are some pics, now I read something about vodka dosing? Also heard about calcium? Need help my friends any suggestions are deeply appreciated and I thank u all in advance Mike.

Looks like palys to me no special care just keep doin your routine waterchanges be careful gsp spreads like wildfire

Hi thanks for replying so there's nothing I need to add or anything ?? I have had it for a min and it hasn't spread anywhere thanks

Hi thanks for replying so there's nothing I need to add or anything ?? I have had it for a min and it hasn't spread anywhere thanks

Nope not imo some people will feed coral for me when i feed my fish the coral will catch small particles ive never fed any coral ive ever had

They have some stuff called Reef Fuel that you add to your tank to help corals flourish. I mix this 50/50 with Coral Smoothie and spot feed my corals every other day or so. Polyps also like strong lighting so depending on what time of light you are running, you might want to move it up in the tank.

Nope not imo some people will feed coral for me when i feed my fish the coral will catch small particles ive never fed any coral ive ever had

Just be careful feeding its easy to overfeed when using coral food imo not neccassary but alot of people do palys and stars dont need it tho this is just my opinion everyone is different every tank is different what works for some dont work for others and vice versa this tank has never seen one single drop of any type of coral food 3 years old try different things

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121221_191814.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121221_191814.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 98
Back
Top Bottom