Pondering...where do the critters come from?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonnieC

Aquarium Advice Activist
Probably a silly question, lol, but where do these random critters come from? I just found an Asterina Star on my glass that appeared out of no where (I assume they are ok?). The tank and LR are 6 weeks old.

It seems like suddenly random things just happen to grow in there, which is cool, but I wonder where they come from. I know from the LR and all, but are they once dead things that magically come back?:confused:

No magic. They lived thru the cyling or curing of the rock. Or, adding a coral here and there attached to rocks brings in more critters.

P.S.- do I need to take you to the woodshed!?!?
There is no such thing as a silly question around here!! :)

My nano had been running for probably about 8 months and a baby black urchin showed up! I did have an adult in my tank but moved it to my brothers once it got too big. If it was a baby from him/her then its a miracle it survived as long as it did... he was in there for about a month then disappeared.. i later found his skeleton circle thing :( he only got to be about the size of a pea

As mentioned already it comes from your LR and attached to different corals. I even got a fish from one of my corals.

It's pretty wild how things just randomly pop up. That's what makes SW so danged cool.

Got another asterina star in there today. Ill probably be moaning about them soon. :D

Back
Top Bottom