Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #61
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh wow I just looked up a picture of the green banded goby and they do look pretty cool

My new plan.. is to take down my FW QT and put it away somewhere til I need it again and put my SW tank in place of my QT I'm just limited to space so I'll have to figure out what to put there

Old 07-26-2012, 06:15 PM   #62
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yea there is a panda clown goby too that stays tiny and it colored like a panda but I think it'd yellow and black. Awesome little dudes

Old 07-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #63
Aquarium Advice Addict

They're pretty cool looking too

What to do, what to do lol
Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #64
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

So many options! Have fun and good luck!

Old 07-27-2012, 12:40 PM   #65
Aquarium Advice Addict

My best advice for stocking a small reef is to always get the best quality live rock you can find. No base rock needed for such a small tank. Just having beautiful rock makes a huge difference. You won't need much so it isn't as big of a cost issue. I went to 5 different shops just to cherry pick the best pieces for my small reefs. Having fanworms and small bivalves all over the rock kinda made the fact that I had only one fish in my 10 easier to swallow. lol
Old 07-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #66
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelvelez87
Yes i know it kind of unheard and "not even possible" that 2 clowns fit in a 6 gal but in my lfs they have the 2 most beautiful black percula i have ever seen in a 10 gal half moon tank! So it is possible but may be not the safest way to go!! But what da heck they are alive and well!!
Okay this doesnt mean anything though?? I would put a shark in a 10 gallon along with a grouper and a nice school of yellow tangs and they will live (not very long) but they will fit in there and live. Doesnt make it right. And at your lfs you may not be seeing the same clowns, they have endless clownfish so they just drop in more once their previous ones die. I just saw this post and had to say something.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:14 PM   #67
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

Okay this doesnt mean anything though?? I would put a shark in a 10 gallon along with a grouper and a nice school of yellow tangs and they will live (not very long) but they will fit in there and live. Doesnt make it right. And at your lfs you may not be seeing the same clowns, they have endless clownfish so they just drop in more once their previous ones die. I just saw this post and had to say something.
True, most people have no idea about the high fish loss going on in some shops, but it isn't the least bit impossible to keep two clowns in a 10 gallon for years. I would NEVER advocate doing it but I know it has been done. What do you think about one in a 10? Personally, I think it would be fine if given the proper care. I'm actually thinking about doing it again.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #68
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae

True, most people have no idea about the high fish loss going on in some shops, but it isn't the least bit impossible to keep two clowns in a 10 gallon for years. I would NEVER advocate doing it but I know it has been done. What do you think about one in a 10? Personally, I think it would be fine if given the proper care. I'm actually thinking about doing it again.
I have 2 clowns in a 20 extra high which has the footprint of a 10 but I've scaped pretty tall so there is more of a footprint in a sense and they are doing great
Old 07-27-2012, 04:20 PM   #69
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ya i agree 2 clowns in a 10 isnt the worst thing someone can do, but people have the illusion that whatever a pet store does is right, which couldnt be father from the truth
Old 07-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #70

im trying to rephrase what i said on my answer to you!! I know they are the same fish in my lfs so keep to you that thought because i go there every week and it is my problem and my responsability to watch for my fish!! Im sorry if any one does not have the ability to maintain a fish tank like i do!! If you think that is wrong then be my guess!! They do fit in a 10 gal cause seeing is believing!

Tags
build, salt, salt water, salt water tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com