Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-27-2012, 04:40 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelvelez87
im trying to rephrase what i said on my answer to you!! I know they are the same fish in my lfs so keep to you that thought because i go there every week and it is my problem and my responsability to watch for my fish!! Im sorry if any one does not have the ability to maintain a fish tank like i do!! If you think that is wrong then be my guess!! They do fit in a 10 gal cause seeing is believing!
Its pretty hard for me to understand what you just wrote... But ill try my best to grasp it. Im saying that certain fish dont belong in certain sized tanks and that is NOT an opinion, it is a FACT.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #72

What i say is that clowns can be house on a 10 gal! And that is a fact as you wrote!! Because i have seen it! And yes i have to give you something not everything the lfs people say its true!! All i say is that is up to the fish tank owner to decide what he wants on it!!

Old 07-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
What i say is that clowns can be house on a 10 gal! And that is a fact as you wrote!! Because i have seen it! And yes i have to give you something not everything the lfs people say its true!! All i say is that is up to the fish tank owner to decide what he wants on it!!
Haha you know what, i thought i would just end this dispute and show you facts. Not opinions like you are making. This is liveaquaria, and they say that the smallest clown fish (ocellaris clown) needs at least a 20 gallon! Mind you, this is the SMALLEST clownfish. Point proven.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...755&pcatid=755
Old 07-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay, aside from everyone arguing I just wanted to tell everyone I just purchased a 16G bow front! It was a steal on Craigslist and it comes with everything except for a stand.

What's the first thing I should do after cleaning the tank?? Go out and get some ro/di??
Old 07-27-2012, 05:13 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice Freak

Could I survive in a closet? Yes. Is it ideal to live in a closet? No.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Addict

OK enough arguing people.. this is my post and I need advice not arguments! Please
Old 07-27-2012, 05:20 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Are you talking about 2 goldfish being in a 10 gallon or 2 CLOWNS?! I myself started the saltwater hobby with 2 clowns in a 10 gallon. Although, they were FRY. All I got was Cyanobacteria on the Sand bed and stressed fish. A month later I upgraded to a 55 gallon and the clowns are healthy as ever. If your planning on getting 2 clowns, the best you could do is get at least a 20 gallon.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

I appreciate everyone's concerns on 2 clown fish BUT I'm not even near the point of buying fish. I just bought the tank today and id like to know what my first few steps should be..

If everyone wants to continue arguing I'm just gonna start a new thread.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanS180
Okay, aside from everyone arguing I just wanted to tell everyone I just purchased a 16G bow front! It was a steal on Craigslist and it comes with everything except for a stand.

What's the first thing I should do after cleaning the tank?? Go out and get some ro/di??
Clean the tank an then add rock then sand and fill it with saltwater haha after thats done start your cycle! Hah its easy to start up
Old 07-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

Actually, can a moderator please cancel/delete this post. I'm going to be starting a new post. Thank you

Tags
build, salt, salt water, salt water tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com