Possible Saltwater 10 or 20 gallon tank(s)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purplestarfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Since my 10/20 gallons are now empty, I'm doing research on how to set up a super-mini reef (or just saltwater) aquarium. I was wondering what all you experienced fishlovers recommend as to what to put into the tank, including (but not limited to) fish or invertebrates or corals . . . if this does pan out as I hope it will (really meaning if my parents will let me :roll: ), I want to do this right the first time and make no mistakes! :wink: If you have any suggestions, or equally small up-and-running tanks . . . well, I'd be fascinated! Thanks a guppy! (catch phrase of mine . . . guppy aka millionsfish by some, so it all comes together. :) )

There is really no difference between a small tank amd a large one when it comes to stocking. Corals and mobile inverts are really no concern except for lighting and water chem/param control, which can easily be accomplihsed via water changes.

Fish stocking should be kept light and restricted to small (>2") species to allow some mix.

As long as you are mindful of possible problems, you will be ready for them and prepared to handle them. The key is go very very slow and no drastic changes or fast additions. Not really much different when it comes down to it.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks a lot! Now, it's on to the challenge of convincing my parents . . . and of course raising money . . . ( :roll: ) but I'm looking forward to the ordeal because the possiblities of the tanks are keeping me afloat. Yay!

Back
Top Bottom