Possible saltwater coral banded shrimp problem help!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish4ever

Aquarium Advice Activist
I added a coral banded shrimp to my 30 gallon with a little tiny queen angel and I had a juvenile Atlantic blue tang and that died this morning so I'm wondering if it was the shrimp or just it died on its own but now my clarkki clown is not doing well so is it the shrimp??? And I have a juvenile French angel with gray spots that are taking over his body if u know what it is please tell!?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. I moved your thread to the SW section so hopefully you'll get more responses. Please be patient and do not bump your thread.

I don't know anything about SW shrimp but hope you get everything worked out!

I really doubt it was the shrimp.

I've heard tang stress a lot from being in small tanks, maybe that's what it died from. I'm not sure about the others but sometimes when tangs stress out they get ick. It maybe passing on to your other fish.

Again this is just a theory.

last night the tang was fine without iCh Swimming around like normal

It's been about 2-21/2 months with like I'm guessing 40 lbs of rock that is now all live only 5 lbs was live at first

The other fish could still be experiencing ammonia spikes since the tank is that mature. I've never dealt with ich luckily so I don't know if I'm being much help :/

I had natural sea water cause I live in Florida so would that matter

Yah know I'm not totally sure :/ I live in Tennessee so I don't have that convenience!

Haha ya it's much easier so you can catch your fish and get your water

+1 on catching own fish! I'm in South Fl once they get like that it's better to take them back. I did that with a queen angel went back a week later and he was fine every time I go I usually see him. Always had a hard time with blue tangs. There fragile. Flame fish are hardy. I dip mine in paragruad then freshwater to kill any parasites.

Like if you catch them then let them go they will stay there I have a spot that has 2-5 juvenile queens usually that's where I got mine

Most of the time. I went before seen a fish couldn't catch it went back a week later and was still there, or weeks even month. I have two coral banded they seem to be fine if feed but if a fish is sick or dead they will find it.I have a watchman goby and they make me nervous around him. They are slick drop one piece of food in there and they are on the hunt!

Ok that's what I read online and I found the flame fish and there cool but I've never seen them and what do u put in the freshwater to get ride of parasites

Paragruad is a parasite remover you mix it with some saltwater from your bucket then just use some ro water to rinse them in about a minute keep your eye on them.

That's cool and what do u feed the shrimp brine? Or something else

Back
Top Bottom