Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-17-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Possible stocking for the future?

So, I am down to my one clown in my tank. I'm still running my 36 gal and if I did the math correctly, I should be able to keep 6 small fish in it? Anyway, I was thinking about adding a Chromis (maybe a Blue Reef?), a Royal Gramma Basslet, Chalk Bass, and a 6 line Wrasse over the next number of months.

I've been trying to do as much reading as I can and take notes, but I've been called all over the last couple days at work have become fragmented...even in my notes. This should be no problem on space, especially since my sump will be up and running when I get home tonight. The addition of the sump would allow to overstock a tad right? I'd still like a pistol shrimp/goby combo once I'd feel they'd be able to do well.

Just trying to plan for the future of my tank. Been looking at macro algea for my sump turning into a refugium down the road as well. Any feedback would be great

Old 12-17-2011, 10:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

It should be fine if you don't have the chromis because they need to be in groups and could get up to 5 inches long

Old 12-17-2011, 11:09 PM   #3
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I know, I wish I could have a nice school of them. Easily replaced with a pistol/goby combo.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think the list looks good - my sixline was great - he was the party starter. As soon as I added him, he befriended all the other fish and got them out and swimming!
Old 12-19-2011, 03:30 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Check out one of the many Gobies, Blennies, Flasher and Fairy Wrasses and Cardinalfish ideally suited to your tank size!

Tags
stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com