Possiblilty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey edmon, i know to relax, im learning, im not one of those people like "OH MY GOD! i gotta do this and get this and i gotta eat this for breakfast or ill die" i know what it is like, i waited quite a qhile before i actually put experieced fish in my FW tank, like well you know how it is

i really want sw because i think they are THE most beautiful and im not saying FW is ugly they are both good but just the colors you get in SW you cannot get in FW and vice versa

i know how the hobby works i know it cost money otherwise i wouldnt have entered it :mrgreen:

now is that book good?

Ya there is nothing quite like a saltwater tank. I still love my cichlids but my sw tank is the best. As far as books I have never even bought one. All the information I have needed has been found online. It probably is a very good book but I haven't needed it. A very good resource is the reefcentral online magazine. Go to www.reefcentral.com and click on there rc magazine and you can check out all kinds of articles by some very knowledgable aquarists.

ok thanks

now what i want to know is that if i need my protien skimmer while i am cycling

because i really am curious about that

No, you do not need a skimmer to cycle your tank. Yes you can cycle your tank without it.

Your tank is too small to house different species of clowns. The clowns might fight and will be stressing 24/7. Stick with two clowns of the same species and are of different sexes for the best result. Using natural sunlight can cause massive un-wanted algae to grow in your tank. If you do use natural sunlight the tank should be in a location where it can recieve direct sunlight for at least 8hrs a day.

A lot of good advice has been given. Research, learning, and patience is the key for a sucessful SW tank. This saltwater hobby is not for the poor as you might of found out. Buying used equipment will save you money , a lot of people sell their used equipment because they bought something newer and better.

Yes you can find the books you need in the library or do what I do and go to Barnes and Noble, buy a cup of joe and relax and read!!! Another of SW great things, you can relax watching the tank or learning about it. I know that most of you on this site have read the books, I started out looking on this site and only read the books after having my tank set up for about 7-8 months. This site can bring you a plethora of information if you are cool calm collected and want to listen to people. The best thing is to take the people's advice. These are knowledgeable people who are here to help any way they can.
I love reading this site all day while at work. Man is it great!!!!!
Rudy, I was in the same exact boat as you are in now, so please read carfully.
Seaclone is cheap but you need to modify their skimmer, (look for posts on how to do this) Lights, you can get from aquatraders.com for 89.99 (you will need these for the anemone) Wait until the tank is 1 year old and your water is stable for them though. Rock is expensive buy slowly 5 pounds at a time if you have to but it is better than filters. Other than that have a great time researching

well i figured that i am going to go with BR

cause that is the cheapest and its like LR but without all the prices of the stuff that comes from the keys or somethin

With base rock it would still be a good idea to buy a small amount of live rock to seed you base rock so it can become live rock over time with the bacteria needed to act as the biological filter.

ok good, i was reading about the BR on google it is like LR without all the colors and little less of the corraline but anyhow shoud i go with like 25lbs of BR and like 10lbs of LR?

It does take some time for the BR to become LR but I'm not positive about how long it takes. You could even just buy a pound of LR but it will take longer to seed the BR.

well if i get the BR from liverocks.com i can get it already seeded and it will come live, i believe

ok great! hopefully their BR comes with coralline

also is the BR on their website to buy? if so i havent seen it :?

ok i looked at the 20lb package it will be almost $98LR i am going to buy locally i believe

Back
Top Bottom