Post your micro reef tank here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotta hand it to you nano guys... I tried a 10g reef years ago in college and they are much more difficult than large systems. A lot more room for error I suppose, I'm sure my super limited budget had something to do with it back then as well. Lol

Gotta hand it to you nano guys... I tried a 10g reef years ago in college and they are much more difficult than large systems. A lot more room for error I suppose, I'm sure my super limited budget had something to do with it back then as well. Lol

Yeah, lots of people told me nanos (and picos) were a lot harder to maintain than larger tanks, but since my 3 gal was my first tank I can't really compare it in terms of difficulty to larger tanks. Not many problems so far, or anything that couldn't be fixed with a few big WCs. That's another thing, in small tanks big WCs aren't a problem.

Come to think of it, if big tanks really are that much easier a much bigger tank should be a breeze lol :)

The issue is if there is a change it is magnified in smaller systems. Even just a little evaporation will raise the salinity a lot. Big tanks have their challenges also, for one it takes bigger quantities to make small changes so dealing with nuisance algae can be a huge pain.

Wow great turn out so far guys glad you decided to join in thanks! I feel like this is where I belong amongst the people in this thread hahaha

Very pretty tank. Gives me something to hope for. Did a 75 gallon FOWLR for a while and got bored. Setting up a 29 gallon right now and looking for inspiration :)

Back
Top Bottom