Powder Blue Tang Blues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dr. Dai Phan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Greetings,

After quarantine my Flame Angel for two weeks, I transfered him into my main tank. Well, the PB went NUTS!!! He started chasing the Flame like there is no tommorow and the Flame did striked back. There was a huge fight with sand blowing up everywhere. It reminded me of wild Beta fighting days in my childhood. Eventually, the Flame retreats into the rocks but still comes out when the coast is clear. He is still eating actively but the PB won't let him a second of unmolested moment. I tried to catch either the PB or FA to no avail. When I first got the PB, I was worried about keeping it alive and now, I am worry about his agression instead! Do you think eventually the PB will leave the FA alone as long as the FA keeps out of harm's way? If there is any consolation, the FA is known for its fiesty behavior too so at least it is not as fragile as the Hippo Tang or other species. This FA cost me 85 bucks (2.5"long) so I really hate to see him expired! The moral of the story is once the PB is established, it is a very aggressive fish! Buyers beware. DP

I have had good luck ceasing aggression by turning out the lights and moving some rock around.

Hello,

I am happy to report that the FA is doing well. It has half of its tail missing but the PB no longer chases him around. DP

Back
Top Bottom