Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Powder Blue Tang w/Others

Just recently got some new fish for my newly established tank. I'm going to wait a while before I add more fish since I just got two this past Friday. My question is... What other type of fish can I put in my tank with a Powder Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang, Fire Gobbie, Cleaner Shrimp and a Clownfish? Everything I ad says I can have it but they are not reef safe and of course I need reef safe fish! I'm at a dead stop on what type of fish to add next. I really want beautiful colorful fish in my tank that pops. Thank you in advance!

"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."-Khalil Gibran
mrs.octavia.rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm pretty sure quite a few fish would work. Are you looking for small? Goby, cardinal, blenny. big? Angel (with caution), foxface, yellow tang?

Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yes, I'm wanting small fish for now to watch them grow... Will a yellow tang be okay with a Powdered Blue & Sailfin tang? I've heard that they won't be but Ive been getting mixed reviews.
"But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls."-Khalil Gibran
Old 10-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I don't feel comfortable giving advice on the tangs haha just cause I've never had one. Hopefully someone else will chime in. But I definitely would recommend the foxface! I love then and am getting one very soon it's a peaceful fish with poisoness spines so fish won't pick on him either. And very cool looking IMO
Old 10-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

What size tank do you have because you'll need atleast a 180 to house all them permanently? All those tangs can be kept together but its best to add all your tangs at one time to avoid aggression.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yes I do. I've already added two tangs. I was told if I add two more then to turn the lights off on the tank, rearrange my live rock & coral, then add them to the tank but wait till the next day to turn the light on. That way they don't remember their territory..
Old 10-07-2012, 03:17 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah. You don't need to rearrange all your coral. Just move some rock and you should be good. Don't gotta totally uproot your aquascape.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tangs are okay together just avoid having two the same shape and colour because then become aggressive towards each other

Tags
blue tang, powder, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com