Powder Blue Tang w/Others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrs.octavia.rollins

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just recently got some new fish for my newly established tank. I'm going to wait a while before I add more fish since I just got two this past Friday. My question is... What other type of fish can I put in my tank with a Powder Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang, Fire Gobbie, Cleaner Shrimp and a Clownfish? Everything I ad says I can have it but they are not reef safe and of course I need reef safe fish! I'm at a dead stop on what type of fish to add next. I really want beautiful colorful fish in my tank that pops. Thank you in advance!

I'm pretty sure quite a few fish would work. Are you looking for small? Goby, cardinal, blenny. big? Angel (with caution), foxface, yellow tang?

Yes, I'm wanting small fish for now to watch them grow... Will a yellow tang be okay with a Powdered Blue & Sailfin tang? I've heard that they won't be but Ive been getting mixed reviews.

I don't feel comfortable giving advice on the tangs haha just cause I've never had one. Hopefully someone else will chime in. But I definitely would recommend the foxface! I love then and am getting one very soon :) it's a peaceful fish with poisoness spines so fish won't pick on him either. And very cool looking IMO

What size tank do you have because you'll need atleast a 180 to house all them permanently? All those tangs can be kept together but its best to add all your tangs at one time to avoid aggression.

Yes I do. I've already added two tangs. I was told if I add two more then to turn the lights off on the tank, rearrange my live rock & coral, then add them to the tank but wait till the next day to turn the light on. That way they don't remember their territory..

Yeah. You don't need to rearrange all your coral. Just move some rock and you should be good. Don't gotta totally uproot your aquascape.

Back
Top Bottom