Poweder blue small white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dannyboy3128

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm new to this site getting fed up with google getting mixed answers , right where do I start my anemome decided to get chewed up in my power head did a ugent water change removed aneome sorted skimmer was working overtime but all levels in water where ok , then next day I see small dark spots on powder tang few days later gone noooowwww I have very small white spots on him treated for white spot turned off uv removed media etc , still 3 rd day in more small white spots and now I have noticed cloudy eye on him and a few other fish , please for the love of god some one point me in the right direction I've been in the marine set up for a year now so every day is a school day thanks in advance peps

Let's start with basics ... What size tank? What are your parameters?

Regarding the anemone ... I'm gonna guess that it did not go into an established tank and /or did not have proper lighting.

Regarding the white spot / Ich. Look in the Sick Fish section here and there are lots of threads and links on treating Ich. You mentioned that you "treated" it ? What exactly did you do? Treatment is either Hyposalinity or copper based meds. Nothing else works. That usually takes a couple months and involves putting all of your fish in a quarantine tank (QT ) and leaving your display tank fallow.

50 gallon tank tank has been running for 1 year now parameters are ok I've heard this can all be down to stress ie the mess the aneome left

how big is the tang? also we need params before we can really step in and help. (ammonia, niTRITES, niTRATES, etc. )
im going to say this now because i know someone else will come along and say it. a 50g is unfortunately too small for a tang like the powder blue. they really need as much swimming space as possible and a 4 ft tank doesnt go well in the best interst of the tang (long term atleast) another thing to note is that tangs are prone to stress-induced illness.
(which very well could of caused this). i wish you the best of luck in getting this cured. just start with the basics and go from there:)

don't have a qt
Then you will need to purchase one. That will cost less than the PBT and if you plan to keep your present, and future, livestock alive, you will need to do something now . Ich can be stress induced, but stress does not magically create a parasite. This Tang had it, or caught it. Either way, it is in there now and does not go away without a cure. That cure is either treating with Hyposalinity or a copper-based medication and that should not be done in your display tank.

Absolutely agree that the Powder Blue will not thrive in a tank that small. They also are extremely aggressive and will likely stress out any tankmates.

For the anemone...what lighting do you have and how did you acclimate it? They need pretty powerful lighting.

Also...cloudy eyes very often stem from poor water quality, which brings bacterial infections. "Good" parameters is kinda vague... What are they exactly? How often do you check them? How often do you do partial water changes?

Seeing as most if the important questions have been asked
What kind of anemone is it ?
Size ?
Some are known to travel in search for more light , better circulation ,
How old was the tank when you added it ?

Gutted cane down this morning poor little thing no life sad day thanks for every ones comments

Back
Top Bottom