Power Head Needed For Fish Only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KeeperOfFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My mom says live rock is to expensive so I'm doing fish only SW tank. I was wondering if the power head is need for a fish only system. Thanks

As slitherbomb suggested, base rock is quite a bit cheaper than live rock, and will simply take a little more time to reach the ability to provide biological filtration. I've research the options quite a bit recently and just received 30lbs of base rock to start up a 20g SW tank.

What size tank do you have/are planning, and what other items are on shopping/wish list?

It's a ten gallon and I have everything I want and need for it for fish only.....also how much salt for 10 gallons?

base rock will become live at the same speed as ocean rock providing there is an adequate ammonia source.
to answer your question- yes, water movement is necessary to provide gas exchange and aerate the water, and also keep detritus (uneaten food and fish poop) from settling before your mechanical filtration can remove it.

Back
Top Bottom