Power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MSC1973

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Should I have my ph blowing directly onto my live rock and can I have conflicting currents going in the rank causes a bit of disturbance in tank but fish seem to like it

You want a totally chaotic flow, you want streams to be hitting every surface that you can so that you have no dead spots anywhere in the tank. I tend to aim mine upwards a bit pointing towards the front glass. if I have multiple powerheads i will even have one aimed behind the rocks like I do in my 180g. :) The upwards angle will give you surface agitation which is really good about helping to stabilize ph.

Thanks mate I thought it would be ok. I do have some dead spots that I am working on can u let me know of any animals that will eat the detritus in the tank?

Most hermits and snails will eat the gunk left on the sand. better to get the flow going right though so you dont have to rely on critters. Cause keep in mind, if it eats, it poops too just making more gunk .lol

Back
Top Bottom