Power heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 gal tank with two power sweep power heads. I don't like them. They have these big prefilters that I don't want. I can't get them to move back and forth. Should I get Maxi-jet power heads? I am looking in a marine depot catalog and I see Hydor Ekip Thermopumps. Should I try one of them? They pump and heat the water, too. It would be nice to get the heater out of the tank and have one less thing to have plugged in. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!
Jim

I use Maxijet powerheads and I really like them. AquaClear are also good from what I've heard.

I am very happy with my maxi-jets. Powersweeps are notorious for not working.

degbowl said:
I have a 30 gal tank with two power sweep power heads. I don't like them. They have these big prefilters that I don't want.

I also have power sweeps and I am not happy with them. You can take the prefilters off if you want. I'm not sure what kind of effect this will have though. Anyone know if it would cause a problem?

Patrick

i had a powersweep also and it quit working.... i took the sponges off sometimes, but usually kept it on to catch some of the stuff floating around in the tank. its up to you really, if you do keep them on, just be sure to rinse them periodically. i have ne wones now and they dont have any sponges on em.... much better...

Back
Top Bottom