Power Heads on or off while feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mixer

Aquarium Advice Activist
So it's a new tank, newly cycled, and just got my first inhabitants. I got one six line wrasse, one occelaris clownfish, 3 small hermit crabs, 2 turbo snails. So today is my first feeding, I cut one third off of one cube of frozen mysis and thawed it and placed it into the tank, and WHOOSH! The powerhead (of course) sent all of this mysis flying around the tank. All fish got more than enough to eat, but the question is, should I turn off the powerhead for feeding?

I turn mine off too. Try not to over feed considering that you have only 2 fish. I have 5 and I feed frozen food the size of my pinky nail and I still think that's too much.

Yes I will definitely feed less, I thought one third of the mysis cube would be ok for two fish , but when I put it in I found out that was far too much so I will feed about half of that next time. I only plan on feeding every other day as well.

Thanks for the advice and help.

I turn off my return pump but leave my circulation pumps running to give my hermits and other inverts a lil treat and I feed every 3 days

Back
Top Bottom