power outage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
Big storm tonight and the powers been out for an hour what should I do how long can fish survive with out any circulation

I will give u a trick free lol, here...
If you have a air line with valve use a big birthday party bomb and attach that to one side set a valve and leave that will give you 30 min each time, then when you get light do a water change ;)

2 cents

If you think the power will be off for a while you could always make a run for a gas powered generator lol.

Ok the power came back on but now I can't find one of my clown fish and their always together

Nah but take it easy, 2 hours is nothing if is back ur ok

My fresh water tank lasted a week with no power due to floods and I didn't loose any fish, but then again I have no clue what would happen to a salt tank

Well i talk in my experience, i leave in Puerto Rico were we can have yearly storms lol.

Also dont know why but in my area the power shot downd is almost daily...

So in my opinion if is less than 6-8 never mind after that be my guess lol nah make water change.

I run one time 18 hours more less and nothing happened

well still no sign of the clown fish either hes doing an exellent job of hiding or he jumped out somehow i checked the overflow, the sump and the floor around the tank no sign of him this is really weird

maybe they had a fight and one of them desided to move out lol other then that i have no idea where he is or what happened to him

That's really weird. It's like a horror flick. The power goes out and a member disappears. Who did it, in what room, and what was used?
All comedy aside, I'm sure he's safe in there somewhere. I lost my blenny for two days and he appeared healthy as ever. But I've never seen a pair split up for a long time. Mine seem to freak out if they lose one another.

yea the other one is acting weird now swimming back and forth across the tank not like him at all

i will have to get rid of this coral ive had it for 5 months and hes never given me any problems this is very weird

Back
Top Bottom