Powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a wp40 in my 5ft long 110 DT and i feel like its to much power even on the lowest setting it keeps lifting sand, do you guys think its too much?

Not necessarily, change the angle so it's blowing across, rather than against the substrate. Might solve the issue.

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How low in the tank is it? Maybe the current is bouncing off something and directed down?

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I feel like its hitting off of the other side and bringing sand up because of that?

Oh okay :/ I don't know then :/ have you got really fine sand? A little tip I found is good with these pumps is to put it on w1 s1 and it moves all your detritus out I do it before a water change and siphon it all out

I have a mix of fine sand and next size up which i believe was the fiji pink, well first i gotta get this sand lifting problem under control, anyother ideas?

Ya it did but then i moved the powerhead a lil to see if it would get better but instead it just got worse and now theres a huge bare bottom spot in my tank

Iv got a spot luckily in the back if my tank where it's bare glass from the power head but I'm not fussed haha

Ya mines lefting in the back but really dont want it lifting im trying pointing it at the rocks now more and ima see how that goes

Get a inline dimmer for the power supply running a wp25 on my 30 gallon cube that's all I did and it works awesome! Dimmers are cheap and everywhere

What about adding more rock to difuse to water movment? But yet again i want to switch out to a sps dominated tank so i kinda need the flow

Back
Top Bottom