powerhead question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottytoohottie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i was just at mt lfs and i wanted to get a powerhead, i have lr and i think i mite need more water flow, i have a protein skimmer and a powersweep, i bought the penguin power sponge filter, but im thinking about taking it back and getting the penguin power head for water movement, is that a good idea? i though having 3 sponges and a filter mite be to much, thanks

my tank is 50g, is it smart to get the 300gph or stick with the 170gph, can too much water movement cause problems, i plan to add fish for starters and inverts.

I would suggest getting a couple of Koralias. They do a great job of moving water and do it in a much larger swath then a regular PH. Also they use very little power as apposed to other PHs.

I agree with Ziggy and the Koralias. They work great. What do you plan on keeping? Some corals require real high flow, while others only moderate.

I agree, I love my Koralias. I have seen snails crawl across them and not get sucked in.

Back
Top Bottom