Powerheads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi what powerheads are good out there how many needed for a 150 gallon tank. 6 feet long tank wide or deep dimension, I know tall tank no good cause hard to reach to clean I had a 35 gallon hexagon tank so tall I needed a step stole to reach down inside to clean a pain. But anywas I want verygood equipment know out there in the market my plan is to setup once nut right any advice suggestions comments please feel free to thank you

I use koralia hydors...if it was me I'd use at a minimum of 6 750s or better

I would probably put 4 Koralia Evo 1400's in there, or look into the Vortech MP40..

Thank you everyone I would usr all you suggestions with my planning on setup.

Koralia makes good powerheads. You want 30 to 50 times movement for volume. So 150 gallons would need 4500-7500 gph movement. I have a 90 gallon tank with 2 koralia 750's, 2 bio wheel 280 filters, and a skimmer that moves 650. So I'm moving right about 2700 which is the lower end. Dang...I guess I should add another 500 to it. Lol

Thumbs up on the Koralia Evo 1400's and the EcoTech Vortech MP40. I've got a 120 with the MP40. I'll most likely add an MP10 or two on the back of the tank for more flow. But, I won't lie, the MP40s will leave a dent in your wallet.

Back
Top Bottom