Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-16-2003, 05:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Butters Send a message via AIM to Butters Send a message via MSN to Butters Send a message via Yahoo to Butters
Powerheads...to many gpa?

heres the thing i got 2 more power heads and aimed them toward each other on each side (not front or back). i added about 750 gph more. the pain was getting them so they don't disturb the DSB. Also I have sand all over my rocks that i have to constantly blow off with a turkey baster.I think I have them aimed correctly now, however the sand thats floating around wont settle. will it take more than a few days or will it just keep getting blown around if its still floating in the water?

75g w/ LR and small cleanup crew (5 astreas,2 conches, 3 turbos, 1 sand sifting star)
4-5" DSB
2 penguin 1140 PH's (one stimulating surface water) total 600 gph
1 maxi jet 1200 PH 295 gph
1 aquaclear 4000 PH min 375 gph

total gph 1270...to much? (not including sump/pump gph

Old 08-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
The sand should settle out of the water. If you want you could put some floss on your overflow intake to help strain the sand out.

Once the sand in the tank gets a good bactera population the sand will be less likly to be disturbed and will settle quicker.

I dont think its to much current. That should give you a very good set of random currents thruout the tank.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 08:51 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Butters Send a message via AIM to Butters Send a message via MSN to Butters Send a message via Yahoo to Butters
thanks for the reply.

Tags
powerheads

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com