Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2003, 09:39 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

I was wondering if that hood was any good. So i want 3 10k bulbs and 3 blue ones? I have a 75 gal and need the 47 inch hood. Also is the prizm skimmer any good? I need a hang on one...no sump. I'd get that kind of ebay one but I don't have a canopy and I need a hood like the one on petsupplyliquidator.com. I think 330 watts will be good for low to medium light corals. Question...do corals require tons of work? I dunno if I wanna mess with them if i'm gonna have to slave over them. Also, if i get an overnight shipment on LR, will I really have to cure it again? Or will it only take a week or two?

Old 10-29-2003, 10:05 PM   #12
cj10488

you want 4 10k bulbs and 2 true actinic I dont know what they have that funky setup on there You can look in the genral retailers forum for my experience with them.. I did not like them... since you need a hood as well check this out... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2355098589

A good hang on skimmer is the aqua C remora.. Check the sponsors forum I think Captiveraisedcorals is running an awesome special for them you are going to want the remora pro though.. Corals really dont require that much work besides keeping the water quality high.. As for LR i would highly suggest Liverocks.com there was very very little die off from that and lots of critters..

HTH,
James
Old 10-30-2003, 02:32 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

So which is the best kind of live rock.....fiji, tonga, kaelini, gulf rock, keys rock?
Old 10-30-2003, 02:37 PM   #14
cj10488

i Vote the Aquacultured Keys Rocks.. It also saves the natural Reefs out there in the waters as well..

James

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com