Pred tank advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Buy a refractometer ($35-40 on amazon and more reliable/accurate then hydrometer)
Try to mix saltwater the night before if possible. I personally just mix it in the 5g buckets i have and then add it (never had an issue)
Buy a rodi, at some point down the road, itll pay for itself in that the water it gives you is cheaper per gallon theb buying it from lfs (check out bulk reef supply, they have units from 89.99 up depending on requirements.
When adding fish, always add the peaceful fish first, most aggressive last.

Buy a refractometer ($35-40 on amazon and more reliable/accurate then hydrometer)
Try to mix saltwater the night before if possible. I personally just mix it in the 5g buckets i have and then add it (never had an issue)
Buy a rodi, at some point down the road, itll pay for itself in that the water it gives you is cheaper per gallon theb buying it from lfs (check out bulk reef supply, they have units from 89.99 up depending on requirements.
When adding fish, always add the peaceful fish first, most aggressive last.

I'll probably get one of those 55 gallon trash buckets to do that. I'm thinking my first investment might be an RO/DI system. This new job is bringing me closer to that!

I put off buying one for over a year into the hobby. I also battled bad algae issues that entire time. Havent had a single water quality issue since buying my unit. Prob the best investment i made. What i did was i bought a 40g rubbermaid container (for potable water) and drilled 2 holes in the lid. One for my pump hose to empty water out. And the second for the rodi water line going in. You can buy an auto shutoff valve for the brs units if you want

I put off buying one for over a year into the hobby. I also battled bad algae issues that entire time. Havent had a single water quality issue since buying my unit. Prob the best investment i made. What i did was i bought a 40g rubbermaid container (for potable water) and drilled 2 holes in the lid. One for my pump hose to empty water out. And the second for the rodi water line going in. You can buy an auto shutoff valve for the brs units if you want

I don't know what brs means. RO/DI hook up would have to be somewhere in my house. But my tank would have to be in my garage. Although there is a pool table in there and maybe the garage might be a bad idea. Consider none of us are any good haha.

I'll be scouting other spots in my house out. I gotta figure where the heck ill be putting a piece of equipment that weighs over a ton.

Bulk reef supply

Website is bulkreefsupply.com
And AA (this site) has group buys for them prob once every two months or so

Just rodi unit and refractometer. Get the model rodi unit that has the dual-tds meter. Itll tell you when your membranes need changed. Ive ordered from them twice and it was top notch both times. Couldnt be happier

Ok I've been looking at 2 things. Chillers and protein skimmers. So far chillers have me confused. About how much horsepower will I need for over 200 gallons? I'm tryin to figure out an overhead

Back
Top Bottom