Originally Posted by Fresh2o
I suppose you could. Too much or too little Prime is not a good thing especially with livestock and ammonia present. If things go wrong then this can place stress on the fish, weaken their immune system, etc. Like the previous poster mentioned, fish-less with an ammonia source may be a safer and faster route.
I've never heard too much being a bad thing. Actually from the Seachem website is the following :
Use 1 capful (5 mL) for each 200 L (50 gallons*) of new water. This removes approximately 1 mg
/L ammonia, 4 mg
/L chloramine, or 5 mg
/L chlorine. For smaller doses, please note each cap thread is approx. 1 mL. May be added to aquarium directly, but better if added to new water first. If adding directly to aquarium, base dose on aquarium volume. Sulfur odor is normal. For exceptionally high chloramine concentrations, a double dose may be used safely. To detoxify nitrite in an emergency, up to 5 times normal dose may be used. If temperature is > 30 °C (86 °F) and chlorine or ammonia levels are low, use a half dose.