Prizm Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cando

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently purchased a Prizm skimmer and was wondering if any of you out there who own one could help me out.

It seems that when i turn the throttle flow regulator i either get plenty of foam (and tank water), or I get very little foam and no skimming.

My question is.....how high does the foam level in the reaction chamber have to be initially? I do get foam but its not rising high enough to overflow into the collection cup. I've read that this will take a few days? Or do the bubbles start overflowing immidiately? Right now the foam level in the reaction chamber is halfway and is not rising at all.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

forgot to mention that my tank is 4yrs old and should definately have organic waste to be skimmed.

I also have a prism skimmer and have similar problems. It took two weeks to get mine adjusted right. Trial and error. I adjusted the water flow to bare minimum and the air level until I saw the bubbles rising just past halfway up the chamber. I moved it a little every day, I still do not get a lot of foam but I do get some. Good luck, it is very touchy.

hey, I am about to purchase this skimmer and was wondering how much room it needs to hang. Like how tall is it from the hang on part, to the base of the unit? Thanks a ton!

rough estimate but i would say its roughly 13 inches long and has a width of 3 inches.

Well, thanks for the quick response, but it really has to be exact, because I want to order it ASAP

To be even more precise :twisted: What d9hp needs is to know how far it hangs down the back of the tank. If you were to measure from the bottom of the unit to the top of the tank. This may be what you meant, but I understood it to be the unit was 13" total height, but some of it sticks over the top of the aquarium ;)

Thanks for getting that one Kevin, sorry to not get back sooner. I think it might work, although after some research I hear that these skimmers are no good. Is there a way I could make the CPR work? I think I could add an elbow to the outtake, and the powerhead looks like its already low enough. I have just heard so many good things about them.

I have the deluxe model, so I dont know if this will help. Mine is 3 inches by 19 inches. 5 inches is above the tank, 14 inches hangs below it.

also 9 1/4 in wide. had mine a couple of yrs. works for me fine. the rubber gasket that the cup goes on,that is where your water line is. the foam should be above that 1/8in or so. if you get alot of water in cup bring the water level down a bit. let it run a couple days. it will work out. :D up to 100gal model. 5in above the tank,8in below.

Back
Top Bottom