proper salinity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was told 1.026 but I read on several sites that clownfish should be kept at 1.024

I keep mine at 1.026. 1.024-1.026 is fine. The key is stability. Swings in salinity can harm inverts like shrimp etc. they are very very sensitive.

Yes 1.026 is a good salinity to keep. Due to evap rate on my tank though I keep mine at 1.025

Actually it can vary from 1.020-1.030 but the majority is found around 1.026 I believe.

Ok just wondering. On a different note is there a website that shows different corals and what type of lighting they need?

Liveaquaria.com is a great site for requirements for pretty much anything that lives in water lol

I've check them out. I was hoping for a list of some sorts. I seen I've once but didn't save it now I can't find it. The guy at aquatic critter told me I can keep anemones and spouted off a bunch of names of coral but I couldn't remember any

Guess we are both right. In the safe range. Keeping it at the same level is the key.

yeah I'm going to shoot for 1.025 incase it evaporates too quickly
I really can't get it perfect until I get my refractometer I ordered. I am going to let them test it at AC

That's a good spot... If you are worried about shifts fish from the Red Sea are more tolerant of salinity changes. In the wild the spread can be quite high from location to location considering the small area with respect to others

That's a good spot... If you are worried about shifts fish from the Red Sea are more tolerant of salinity changes. In the wild the spread can be quite high from location to location considering the small area with respect to others

Noted thanks. I basically got my stock I want figured out I will have too see where they originate from :)

Back
Top Bottom