Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kristall-99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im looking at getting a pretty good protein skimmer for now and my upgrade this summer. I can currently get a used Euro reef rs-135 Skimmer for 170. Its off of Craigslist and just wonder what yall thought of the brand. It seems that everywere i look its been discontinued. is this a preformance issue? patent issue?

Let me know your guy's input on this
Kristall

Im looking at getting a pretty good protein skimmer for now and my upgrade this summer. I can currently get a used Euro reef rs-135 Skimmer for 170. Its off of Craigslist and just wonder what yall thought of the brand. It seems that everywere i look its been discontinued. is this a preformance issue? patent issue?

Let me know your guy's input on this
Kristall

Thats a good question... why has it been discontinued? This skimmer worked pretty good for my 75-gallon. Reef Octopus NWB 150 Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer - AquaCave
What size tank are you upgrading to?

It's probably been discontinued because it's so over priced compared to an Ocotpus...which is cheaper and better.
The skimmer ryshark linked to is a good skimmer.

But the Euro Reef is a good skimmer. If you can get it at a very good price and know that it's working it would be worth it. Otherwise go for the Octo.

Back
Top Bottom