Protein skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Idk I'll check the measurements tomor n I'll get back to you . Also my tank isn't drilled will it still be fine?

Yes that's fine you'll just need a HOB overflow and return pump to match.. is it possible to get it drilled though?

I have the water and Lr in in now it's cycling so I think it's a Lil to late, n should I buy an overflow box or make one and what exactly does one do.

Actually its not you could get a trash bin and put the rock it there with a heater and powerhead. Then you could drill it and trust me it would be worth the hassle

Ill look into trying to drill but What about the 40lbs of sand lol? And is a refugiun the same as a sump?

The sands a bit more difficult but still worth it and a refugium is a seperate compartment to house macro algae to naturally lower nitrates and phosphates also a good home for pods and more LR

That's good I'll deff look into getting it drilled now but as far as the sump goes , I wanna make it a sump and a refug any ideas or help I'm completely lost in trying to make one ?

That's what the pictures I posted are here it is in action

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120727_041219.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120727_041219.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 56
Looks good what size tank is that for? And do I need a sterilizer in there?

You don't need a sterilizer but it can't hurt. That's a 20 gallon long on my 46 bowfront (best pic I could snag during lights out lol)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120727_041758.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120727_041758.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 41
Nice look at ur pajama cardinal sneaking In There lol , somebody showed me this video on YouTube like the first part is a little over 28 mins n the guy shows you everything but he's doin it in a 10 gallon tank should I follow the way he did it but make it bigger to fit my size?

No pajamas cardinal lol just 2 zebra barred dartfish a rainford's goby and a green mandarin

I'm not sure what video your talking about but take measurements of your tank and then I could give you sizes you news for baffles. Also its best to figure out what skimmer you'll be using before starting to kno how large you need to make that compartment along with how your gonna run the water into the sump using filter socks/bags or some type of trickle system

Edit* measurements need to be inside the tank width length and height to brace

K thanks, what protein skimmers should I get ? I don't need a hang on the back if I make a sump/refug

Look on bulkreefsupply and check out there reef octopus skimmers and go for double the rated size. Carey is starting a group buy Tuesday for brs and you can save 15%

Back
Top Bottom