Protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
So this guy is selling a RedSea Berlin Protein Skimmer with a mag drive 7 pump on it and i was wondering if thats a good skimmer for my 110?

That skimmer is rated for an 80 gallon reef tank, by the manufacturer. Those ratings are generally tilted in the manufacturers favor also. I would look to something more potent, if it was my tank.

Very good quality, but you are in the same boat, as that skimmer is rated for an 80 gallon tank also.
What are you looking to spend?
*edit, the cs250 is a good skimmer for your tank, if you have access to one.

Yes i am able to purchuse the cs250 just want to make sure its a good skimmer and not a bad piece of turd thats not gunna do its job

They were among the best skimmers out there around 10 years ago. Very well constructed. Now there are many that are as efficient, or even more efficient, for less money.

As in what? What are good skimmers? That one i can get for 295. Are there any that are as good or better for that price?

New? That sounds awful cheap. Octopus skimmers are pretty good, though I would probably spend more than 300 on one for a 110 gallon tank with a sump attached.

I need a skimmer that will fit in a 12 x12 and that will do great, any suggetions?

I love my SWC Cone 160 - for my 90 Gallon Reef.

They make a lot of different sizes - and are great quality and affordable

The old ASM skimmers are cheaply made and use less efficient pumps than the new models. ASM has stepped into the present with a new line of cone skimmers (and new prices too).
Top Fathom? Who's attic is this coming out of? LOL.
A protein skimmer is a very important component. I wouldn't skimp on it.

I was thinking of a etss evolution 750 protein skimmer but it dosent come with pump so what pump would be a good pump for it?

I was thinking of a etss evolution 750 protein skimmer but it dosent come with pump so what pump would be a good pump for it? Guys asking 250 is it a good deal? Is it a good skimmer?

Back
Top Bottom