protein skimmer blues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpaparazzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Man I had replaced my seaclone 100 for my 75g with a red sea berlin turbo classic and everything was good..Skimming was producing nice foam compared to the seaclone..Then last night the winds up here in the northeast knocked out my power..when the power came back on the pump to the skimmer would not suck any water in...Now im back to the seaclone until red sea sends me a new pump(the guy wasnt in today but hopefully they will)

Anyone have any idea why this pump wont suck any water in..I took it apart and cleaned it..The motor runs..the propeller turns but no water intake??Any ideas

The pump is submerged underneath the water, correct? I know this may seem like a dump question, but these pumps have to be submerged in order to pull water through them.

I am unfamiliar with the Berlins, but is there anything blocking the water intake tube?

yeh I even took it out cleaned it and put it a bucket with water to see if it pumps afterward and nothing..I can hear it moving the blades..I can see the baldes moving, just no intake!

Wow, that makes no sense. If the impeller is turning, then water should be moving into the intake and out the output of the motor. What kind of pump is this? Special brand specific to the Berlin?

Well I just looked at it again and I think its the impellor..Its not really spinning ...Its vibrating and making it look like its spinning..Looks like time for a new impellor

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom