Protein skimmer for a 29 gal SW setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

water978

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 29 gal SW tank. Live rock, live sand, a Cascade 500 canister filter, 2 Powersweep pumps, 7 crabs, 5 snails, and 2 damsels.
I want to add some coral and fish but need to upgrade my lighting (I have just a two florescent bulb hood). I'm on disability so money is extremely limited.
First things first though: I need to put on a protein skimmer. The HOT are all $150.00+. I can make an in-sump type but do I need a sump for such a small tank? If not I don't know how to make an HOT type. Anyone have any suggestions??

go with a Aqua C remora or a cpr bak pakIIR The ed sea prizms and Seaclones are pretty poor and i think you would not be happy with them. And remember you can save 6% on my site with coupon code AQUARIUMADVICE.

Thank you for info on your www. Coupon too! I looked into the BakPakt but I have a piece of glass on top of the aquarium. The outflow on the BakPak is too big around to fit with the glass. I was looking into a turboflotor 1000. It goes in a sump. (thought if I built a sump or refugium it would increase the volume of the tank)...perhaps a better idea. Any thoughts?

The remora may fit. If you give me the dimensions you need it to fit into i can tell you if it would work. I have the All glass glass top on a small 26 i have and the remora fits great!

Back
Top Bottom