Protein Skimmer Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Istrom

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey all,

I recently bought a SlimSkim 250.65 Hydor Protein Skimmer. It has a couple of issues I need addressed.

1. The foam doesn't seem to be coming to top of the inlet to the collection cup.

2. Some of the micro bubbles find a way out through the bottom grate where they make the water look fogged, as well as they accumulate underneath rockwork and other things.

I've tried adjusting the airtube intake as well as readjusting the height of the collection cup. I've moved the position of the pump and even tried putting in a filter pad underneath the keep the bubbles from getting out.

Nothing has worked, please help!

Hey all,

I recently bought a SlimSkim 250.65 Hydor Protein Skimmer. It has a couple of issues I need addressed.

1. The foam doesn't seem to be coming to top of the inlet to the collection cup.

2. Some of the micro bubbles find a way out through the bottom grate where they make the water look fogged, as well as they accumulate underneath rockwork and other things.

I've tried adjusting the airtube intake as well as readjusting the height of the collection cup. I've moved the position of the pump and even tried putting in a filter pad underneath the keep the bubbles from getting out.

Nothing has worked, please help!

How long have you had it? It probably just needs to break in. Set it on it's lowest setting and let it run for like a week.

Back
Top Bottom