protein skimmer not working properly??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alisa1965

Aquarium Advice Newbie
[FONT=&quot]I bought a bubble magus NAC 3 skimmer for my 54 gallon bow front. I've had my setup for 2 months now. My skimmer has worked fine. I have the water level set properly and have had no real issues adjusting and leaving it. Yesterday, I added water (as I usually do) to top off my wet/dry setup. I checked the skimmer and noticed it was sending up an extreme amount of bubbles into the skimmer cup. I adjusted the level but to no avail. I pulled the skimmer out and checked/cleaned any hoses and the belly of the skimmer itself. Pump attached to skimmer looks fine but unsure if I need to clean something else. I placed it back in and adjusted the level but no matter which way I turn the adjuster tube, there is no good setting anymore. Any ideas? The dial is numbered 0-max. I had it set on 4 but now that is too much, so is 1 and so is max.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I don't have a large wet/dry filter (not 3 chambers). I was told that this is my mistake and yet, when I purchased the skimmer, it was made for the 2 chambered setup. I was also told (as seen in the image) that I need to remove my bio balls, that they will raise my nitrate levels. Seriously?
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pardon me if I get a little frustrated. I am so confused about the saltwater tank hobby. I am not new to fishkeeping, just the saltwater side of it. This has definitely been a learning experience. Sometimes, I just don't know who to believe. I purchased this setup on the advice of a well known aquarium shop in my state. Now, its wrong??:banghead: From food to fish, I keep making mistakes. Its crazy and its costing me money! If anyone can give me advice, I would appreciate it. (Ok, done venting for now. Thanks for listening) Anyway, back to the skimmer issue...
[/FONT]

Attachments

• CAM00074.jpg
    CAM00074.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 126
Is the skimmer in the return section?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom