Protein Skimmer questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I probably wont have enough money to get one right Away, but I will as soon as possible. And i do have a 10g tank i could use as a sump, but i think it would be better to use that as a quarantine tank, right? But 10g tanks are pretty cheap so i could just get another one. I'll just have to

Oops again. Sorry I'm typing this on my phone and the buttons are all really close together. Anyways, I'll just have to research how to set up a sump because I have no idea :p

You will want a bigger tank than a 10 for a sump for a 75. I don't know of any sump rules but I like to stay around 1/3 of the dt for the sump. And I agree that sumps are the way to go. You can hide all of your equipment in the sump.

Would a 10 gallon sump be okay for 55g? I'm still deciding whether i want 75g or 55. 75 would be nice, but its a lot more expensive.

I would skip the 10g sump and get at least about a 30g and you want something longer and shorter so a long tank is best, avoid a tall tank.

Alright. thanks for the help everyone! I think I've got a good idea of what I'm going to buy. I'll start a new thread once I've bought all set up... Which might not be for a while. I think it'll be worth it though.

Back
Top Bottom