Protein Skimmer Suggestion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gauge

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I know have my sump. I need a protein skimmer to go in it so that I don't have to have my bakpac on there forever. Take a look at this on ebay and tell me what you think in terms of the quality of the skimmer. I looked around and wasn't able to find any information on it.

ebay item

I'm pretty sure the price is good. I've seen weaker PHs sell for more at the LFS. Thus, the PH by itself might be worth it. :p[/url]

Is that good/bad?

Do you have any suggestions on what to look for in a protein skimmer for a 42 gallon tank in a sump? (Brand, style, features, etc.)

Also, could you fill me in on the different types of skimmers? I've heard of venturi, "turbo" (which might be a brand name, I don't know), and probably a couple others I can't remember.

I would look into the AquaC Urchin Pro or the Euroreef ES5-2. They are similarly priced and are both excellent, reliable and easy to use skimmers. They will also handle a larger tank if you decide to upgrade later down the road.

Anything in particular that makes them good? The more I read, the more I think there's a lot about skimmers that I don't know. The different types of skimmers I keep seeing are confusing. :p

I would get a Euro-reef. Very wide. Very expensive though, but most good things are in this hobby.

I'm not looking to spend an enormous amount of money. I don't even have a reef tank. I'm just looking for something that will get the job done in a reliable fashion. Good is acceptable, best is purely optional. Maybe it would be equally helpful if you said what NOT to get.

I gotta seaclone protein skimmer and it works very well, and it was the cheaper brand out of the selection

MR294 said:
I would look into the AquaC Urchin Pro or the Euroreef ES5-2. They are similarly priced and are both excellent, reliable and easy to use skimmers. They will also handle a larger tank if you decide to upgrade later down the road.

Agreed, both excellent skimmers.

Ya juz got the seaclone skimmer ... very impressive with the outcome within one day you will see it skim out the waste..
Only problem when you gotta place it in a sump cause the water coming out from the skimmer is too high up ... I using a seaclone 150 ..

Back
Top Bottom