Protein Skimmer...why doesn't mine skim

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fist off, what type of skimmer do you have? Also skimmers have to go through a break in period for them to work properly.

IMO insta ocean sea-clone protein skimmers are junk. They are really hard to adjust so you get the right bubble cyclone, and you have to keep adjusting them. I would try and adjust it let it sit for a few hours then adjust again then wait.

I have the same skimmer and am having the same problem. So if you find a way to make it work right please let me know.

Go to the air intake on your skimmer. Open it up more and see what happens. I've been fiddling with mine and already making improvements. It'll still take a week to work right...

I've been doing that but it is not helping. It will spit some in to the cup every once in awhile but it's not a significant amount.

I have the seaclone 100 running on my 20gal. long for about six months now. Its working great. Have to empty the cup every other day. When first set up open the air intake fully and let it run. Don't mess with it. It takes about 4 days to a full week to break in. Mine is still set wide open and the cylinder stays full of very fine bubbles. Cup fills like I said about every other day and the stuff is really dark green to brown. Take the sponge off about once a week , rinse in plain water and replace. That is all I've done so far. Any time now I'll be taking mine apart and clean everything.(six months old) Working great, no problems. The trick is don't play around with it and it will work!!

Back
Top Bottom