Protien Skimmer stopped producing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RTV

Aquarium Advice Regular
for weeks my remora c protien skimmer has been working like a charm. last week, it simply stopped producing. no foam in the tower and nothing in the collection cup. I removed it, cleaned the power head and replaced the unit...still nothing. Should I be concerned?

Do you have anything in your tank? It would help to give you a better assesment if you provided more details about your tank and its content. :) Maybe there is nothing left to skim out? ;)

8)

Not familiar with this unit, but If it was working before my guess is check the air intake tube as well as pump. Very likely that somewhere salt creep has built up and stoped your air flow hence no bubbles and no foam.
If it has an air intake tube sometimes they have to be replaced.

HTH,

Have you added any thing to the tank recently? Sometimes if you add additives such as calcium or pH it can temporarily stop skimming. Consistent top-off level will help as well. Just a thought...

Mike

My Remora Pro will stop producing skimmate if the tube inside the collection cup doesn't get cleaned on a regular basis. You could also check to see if the injector nozzle has somehow become clogged. The injector is located underneath a little plastic screw that is located on the inlet pipe. Remove the screw and use the little brush that came with the skimmer thru the nozzle a couple of times to remove any blockage and replace the screw.
HTH

bound_for_obx said:
My Remora Pro will stop producing skimmate if the tube inside the collection cup doesn't get cleaned on a regular basis. You could also check to see if the injector nozzle has somehow become clogged. The injector is located underneath a little plastic screw that is located on the inlet pipe. Remove the screw and use the little brush that came with the skimmer thru the nozzle a couple of times to remove any blockage and replace the screw.
HTH

I am holding out for a clogged tube or nozzel. This has happened a few times with my CPR with the rio pump.

Back
Top Bottom