PTA being weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
My pink tipped anemone is moving away from the light and into the shadows he's currently almost completely under a rock and I'm not sure what's going on any help?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I've had it for at least two months params I have no idea store doesn't tell me they say they're insanely amazing I have two T8 ones a 10k the other is a penn-plax fl20 and my tank is well over a year old

As was told to you before in your previous problems with nems, your lights aren't strong enough. And get the numbers when they test your water. You should also pick up your own test kit.

I would get my own test kit but I dot have the money for it and when I get my params checked I will get them but I plan on getting LEDs here soon I'm saving up for them now

Unless you're going to get the light fixture within a week or so, I would seriously suggest rehoming the nem. They require approx. 250 par and your light produces approximately 120 par 5 inches away from the center of the fixture and far far less further away from the fixture.

It won't survive for very long.

Alright thanks but why is he moving to the shadows is what I don't understand would t it be moving up towards the light

Alright thanks but why is he moving to the shadows is what I don't understand would t it be moving up towards the light

Nems don't have eyes. They want more light so they wander. Usually they don't wander in the right direction.

If your parameters really are as good as you say they are then light is the other biggest factor in the health of nems. Any tiny amount of research on anemones will tell you without any hesitation or doubt that your lights could never support one.

They aren't intelligent creatures. Many times their response to a stressor will send them to their demise even quicker.

It doesn't seem to be stressing or anything just completely going into the dark uNder rocks and stuff I've tried moving it back into the light and it just moved back into a cave where no light reaches it

It doesn't seem to be stressing or anything just completely going into the dark uNder rocks and stuff I've tried moving it back into the light and it just moved back into a cave where no light reaches it

That's a sign of it being stressed. If they are happy they won't move at all.

It stays in a single place once it reaches its favorite spot but it's behind a rock I had to move the rock on top of it so that light could get in

OP, you dont seem to be understanding what is being told to you.

your nem IS stressed, and your nem is NOT getting enough light.

this will lead to the nems death, I would rehome this animal before it is to late.

If a nem does die in your tank it is not pretty. They will release a toxin. Imo upgrade or re home. You do not want it to die. Also, if you can't get a test kit, just write the numbers down while at the store. We aren't try to sell you anything or hurt you. We are giving solid advice for the well bieng of your creatures

Back
Top Bottom