pterois question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i know my 4" pterois volitans is going too become 15" monster and will out grow my 70gal tank, so im wondering what your opinions are on pterois radiata and pterois antennata, which one do you think or know is more active and would be better off in a 70gal by its self except for some snails and hermits, im making the tank a reef tank with lower light corals as i hear that pterois can go blind from bright MH. do you think a dwarf zebra would be better?

I think that the volitans will be just fine in the 70 gallon....the minimum tank capacity for them is 55 gallons according to most places as they arent really that active of swimmers so he should be fine :D

im just worried about water quality, i plan on keeping him as long as i can so hopefully he will be fine for life in there.

Just keep a good skimmer and don't over feed him. As long as you don't have to much more large predatory fish in the tank, you will be fine. They dont' need much room since they are not active swimmers. Filtration is probably the most important part rather than a larger tank.

I wouldn't worry about water quality. Especially because he is only fed every few days and is the only fish in the tank and you have a good amount of LR. I"m sure you're clean up crew will take care of his uneaten shreds of food just fine.

well i hope he stays for a while, but i still think it will out grow the tank. :( i will just have too wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom