Pump for Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landon_garcia

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone! I recently came across a BioCube 14 and I have it all set up with live rock and a few frags. I want to add a refugium to it with a 10 gallon tank that I have laying around. Yes, I know I'm crazy, but I really just want this to be an experiment tank.

The refugium is going to be in the basement of my house, which will also act as a chiller for the tank. It is about 12ft away from the main tank upstairs. I need to find a pump that is able to pump that distance through about a 1/2in piece of pvc. Any thoughts? I'm really trying to keep my cost at a minimum, less than $100 for the entire refugium setup.

Thanks everyone!!!!

-Landon

The pump would take up 50% of the tank with that much head:p get a 40b at dollar a gallon sale, that way if/when you upgrade it will be ready for action
You could get an inline pump, I don't know though, that's a small volume to send 12', seems like if something went wrong it's be a disaster?? I'd wait for someone more experienced to chime in though.

The pump would take up 50% of the tank with that much head:p get a 40b at dollar a gallon sale, that way if/when you upgrade it will be ready for action
You could get an inline pump, I don't know though, that's a small volume to send 12', seems like if something went wrong it's be a disaster?? I'd wait for someone more experienced to chime in though.

I like the idea on the online pump. Would you recommend any? I could use multiple and maybe another pump inside of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom