pump size for 125gal fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfishguy56

Aquarium Advice Activist
i bought a 125 w/ dual megaflows. i attached a Mag Drive 2400 and discovered it was waaaay too powerful as it was filling faster than it drained. Should i go with a Mag Drive 1800 or Mag Drive 1200 instead?

Dual overflow rating is what??? I think there like 600gph each so you would need a pump to do at least 1200 gph right.... i would go with the 1800..

I have a 90 gallon with 2 CPR 90 overflows rated at 800gph and a mag 18 return pump and everything works perfectly. There have been times when I ran just a single overflow and it filled up with more water, but it still worked fine. I just prefer to skim from both sides of the tank.

I have an oceanic 120g tank with dual overflows. I'm using a mag 1200 on mine (into a T connection and then up to the tank) and even with the 4' head height the running levels are perfect. You could always get an 18 and dial it down a bit with a ball valve if it ends up being too fast.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom