Pumps Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wifey

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Everyone,

We have a 110 gallon tank and we are having issues, our pump just went out and we need a new one, we saw a Koralia Mag 8 for sale and we were thinking about that. But we already have a Koralia Mag 6 which is 2200gph.
And the Hydor Koralia Magnum 8 Circulation Pump/Powerhead is 3250 gph.

Is that too much flow? Help?

Not sure what to do!! If it is to much flow what size should we buy? :confused:

Which pump is out. your pump that moves water through your system or the one in your DT used to move water around in that tank?

Yeah which pump is it that failed? Which pumps in the tank are still working? What kind of livestock do you have in the tank?

Oh, and Welcome to AA!

gosh I feel silly, the pump that is out is the one that moves the water around in the tank. We have corals and fish. My husband is the one that normally goes on here and posts things but he is at work and I was trying to get a pump for his birthday. So I am trying to do this so sorry if I am not good at explaning.

We have the 6 in the tank now, the 4 is the one that went out. does this help out all?

First thing is to make sure that the Koralia is of the correct voltage. They now have their pumps in either 110 volts AC or 12 volts DC. The 12v needs their controller to function correctly.
If you like the amount of flow from the K-6 I would go with another one like that. Now if you and your husband think you need more flow go with the K-8. If you have sps's I'd go with the k-8.

Back
Top Bottom