purchase question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rob_stl_mo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am about to purchase a 75 gal reef ready with stand and canopy. He sold off the lighting. But this is what he has left. Aqua c remora protein skimmer+pump.Phosban 150 reactor+mj1200 pump. Koralia 4 powerhead. 150w heater. Rio 17 return pump. Small net, large net, and magfloat cleaner. All for $300. And he has 75 lbs of sand for $50

I am about to purchase a 75 gal reef ready with stand and canopy. He sold off the lighting. But this is what he has left. Aqua c remora protein skimmer+pump.Phosban 150 reactor+mj1200 pump. Koralia 4 powerhead. 150w heater. Rio 17 return pump. Small net, large net, and magfloat cleaner. All for $300. And he has 75 lbs of sand for $50

Why would he not include the sand? The rock I could see him trying to sell off, especially if corals were attached to it, but unless he has a buyer for the sand it doesn't make sense, at least to me. Your prolly gonna wind up investing another 300 in lighting so be prepared :) as most will tell you this is a fantastic and EXPENSIVE hobby. Good luck to you.

Have my lights picked out. Taotronics al09's. Two of them. I've read tons of threads with great reviews for them

It is a good deal either way IMO. I'd pick that up in a minute. In all reality, I would pass on the sand. You will need to rinse the sand no matter what to remove the junk that built up when he had it up and running, so why not start out with fresh. Just how I see it.

Appreciate the responses everyone. I ditched the freshwater idea I was going with. And all his stuff is only 2 years old

Get the tank, but I hate the protein skimmer that he has, sell it and get a better one

Wound up buying the tank and stand, and everything but his sand. Pics of it at his place. Dismantled here, sanding and painting the stand, cleaning the tank, etc.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130116_205034.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130116_205034.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 47
  • ForumRunner_20130116_205046.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130116_205046.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom