purchasing new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scrmom

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 6 line wrasse that is aggressive. I purchased a dottyback 6 months ago and within a day he had killed it. So, my question is what kind of fish can I get that he won't pick at or kill? I would like to get a yellow tang and/or coral beauty. Are these okay?

Yellow Tangs can be pretty agressive, so one larger than the wrasse whould be ok, assuming the wrasse does not harass it too much during its adjustment period. If he is really aggresive, then the Coral Beauty may not make it.

Try maybe a maroon clown, should be able to hang in with the little bugger,.

It's possible it may be the individual or the order in which he was added to the tank. I have a 6 line in with a larger yellow tang, a sailfin tang, a coral beauty which is about the same size, and a smaller gold stripe maroon clown. They all seem to get along with the yellow tang being the aggressor in the tank.

To cut out the aggression try moving some rock around and turning the lights out. I dont think you`ll have any problem adding a yellow tang. I`d more concerned for the sixline.

Back
Top Bottom