purchasing pods?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
im going to start a refugium and i would like to buy some copepods to put in there to get me a little colony going to ensure my mandarin gets nice and fat. i was just wandering if there was a good website or if someone on here sold any? please reply with any exerience or advice in purchasing copepods

so i purchased like 2000 pods though one of the suggested websites. now should i dump all of them in my tank at once? and if i do will they reproduce and thrive in my tank just fine or not?

tank is 55gal had it for 2 years, approx 100lbs of lr. (mom bought some lr and she doesnt remember how much exactly). yellow tang, coral beauty, firefish, clarki clown, green mandarin, bicolor angel, 2 yellow tail damsels, watchman goby, 2 peppermint shrimp, brittle and sand sifter star, 1 undetermined host anemone to clown(guessing regular LTA). good size cleanup crew

but in hurricane rita we went without power for 5 days and it killed the majority of our fish and i know we used to have a bunch of pods i would see them everywhere but now i dont see as much of them after the hurricane. thats why i have a refugium set up and trying to get pods asap to start "breeding" them. just to be safe. mandarin is starting to look a lil thin

Back
Top Bottom