pure ammonia?? where did you get yours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
like the tittle says, where did you guys/girls get ur pure ammonia?? ive been to home depot, lowes and acouple of local places and they all have some kind of/sort of diluted ammonia based product :(

ive checked out ebay too and it looks like nothing there....any sites/links, hints of where to get it will be appreciated :popcorn:

Well, you just spared me a trip to Lowes... At least until I check their website. I have seen a few people mention Ace Hardware if you have one nearby, Ace Janitorial Strength Ammonia was the exact product. Sadly, I don't have one in my town.

The best place is Ace, but walleye has it too I think. Just make sure its pure and shake it. If there's bubbles, don't use it. If there are no bubbles (kinda like shaking water) then it's good to go.

The best place is Ace, but walleye has it too I think. Just make sure its pure and shake it. If there's bubbles, don't use it. If there are no bubbles (kinda like shaking water) then it's good to go.

thanks for the tip about the shaking....i will check ace

I bought mine at a family dollar I bet any dollar store has clear ammonia

1223011733_thumb.jpg

ended up getting it from Ace hardware store for $2.49. If you lived close by i would have gave u some since i would be using only acouple caps full of this stuff

Apparently my family dollar does not have pure ammonia. Sent my boyfriend for some today and it has a surfactant in it. Bubbles when you shake it. Oh well, tomorrow I'll head to lowes and look. Might return the one we got but I may keep it around for cleaning. It was only a dollar.

The one I bought was called ammonia clear. That's to bad. My tank cycled so fast with pure vs using a shrimp

Jason M said:
The one I bought was called ammonia clear. That's to bad. My tank cycled so fast with pure vs using a shrimp

Found some today at the grocery store but there was no ingredient list and it bubbled a little, although not as much as the one we bought, so I decided to stick to shrimp. And a bit of oyster. Using my homemade frozen fish food to cycle! Don't want to risk my tank until I can get to ace.
The one we got at family dollar is called ammonia clear too, but it bubbles and has surfactant listed in ingredients...

Took about three weeks for nitrite to go down. After that I would add a cup of it in the morning and everything would be gone by the time I got home from work

Ur right it does have that in it. Oh well mine worked out fine j guess. Haven't lost anything yet.

Back
Top Bottom