purple tang/small tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troutman11111

Aquarium Advice Freak
this is the results of having to small of a tank. the latera line is seen because the spine is bending. if allowed to stay in 30 gal tank this fish would suffer a twisted spine and die. i have moved him to a 75 gal and in 2months all the lines were gone and the tang is looking good. so please make sure your tank is big enough. i hear that this tang needs 100gal min,if that is the case i will be sucking up to the wife again in the future. walt :D

While I am happy for the tang that it is in a bigger more comfortable tank, the fishes lateral line was showing because it was suffering from HLLE. To be honest, with all the antecdotal evidence of what "clears" it up, the only thing they all have i common is removal to a system that has never had HLLE. The improved conditions and possibly improved diet most likely played a large part in the tangs recovery, but it is just as likely the move did as well ;)

yes 4'long. keven what is hlle? the fishes diet is the same. he did get bigger. walt

Back
Top Bottom