putting salt into tank- time before i test it ,to add more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boggerscott

Aquarium Advice Regular
i finaly put water in tank and its holding thank God!!!! i have let it sit for about 2 days now and added 2 bags of salt so when do i test it ? to add more salt if needed? do i need to put stress coat into the water???? i no with freshwater i had to.

Stresscoat is no good for saltwater expecially if your going to run a skimmer. The reason is the stress coat will cause the skimmer to go psycotic.

Wait at least 1 day after adding salt for the chemical reactions to complete then check your salinity. The salt bags come in sizes that usually fit most popular tanks so if you added two bags of teh correct size you should be ok. Like if you have a 75 gal tank and you added a 25 gal bag and a 50 gal bag.

If you used tap water then you should add a declorinator albeit one that does not enhance the 'slime coat'.

To add an image to your avatar you must do it from the profile editor linked off the home page. Thatimage is about 100X to big for our avatar anyway so you will need to resize it a fair bit.

clown_icecrm.jpg

Just goes to show, if they're not fish...clowns are freakin scary ;)

Back
Top Bottom