Python suction question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SCFatz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm working on my DIY python today.

I'd like it to work just like the product and drain to the sink,but I'm lost on how to suction starts...can someone explain how it the flow to the sink is intiated?

Quick replies would be great as I'm off to the store soon to buy what I need.

Thanks

the end of the hose cannot be in the water, then just keep thrusting the python into the tank, it wont start itself up until that first pocket of air is outta the way

hc8719 said:
the end of the hose cannot be in the water, then just keep thrusting the python into the tank, it wont start itself up until that first pocket of air is outta the way

If you are using a manual vaccum this would be true. The Python hooks up to a sink, so it's a little bit different. Something with the water flow starts the suction. That's all I know.

It works like a venturi pump. Like others said, starting the water starts the suction.

Water flowing at a higher velocity has a lower pressure than stagnant water. So since the water in the tank now has a higher pressure than the flowing water, it gets sucked in.

I could post links, but I don't want anyone here to die of boredom.

Back
Top Bottom